The history of Samara Stroyfarfor factory is inextricably linked with the Ukrainian city of Slavyansk, where they began to produce various porcelain and enameled earthenware products at the end of the 19th century. The development of industry in this region of the Russian Empire was greatly facilitated by the participation of foreign capital, which continued at the beginning of the 20th century, when a factory of terracotta tiles was built in Slavyansk.
Samara history of the factory began in July 1941 with an emergency evacuation of the vehicle insulator factory from Slavyansk. At that time, multiple industries, cultural and scientific institution were moved from the war-stricken western regions of the country to the east. Part of the equipment of Slavyansk acid-resistant ceramics factory was delivered to the station Smyshlyaevka of Kuibyshev region, together with six adult workers and thirty-six teenage apprentices entrusted with the task to build a ceramic factory from scratch and start production of vehicle insulators for the defense industry. On November 21, 1941, the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR signed an Order on the establishment of a factory of vehicle insulators in Smyshlyaevka.
In 1944, the People's Commissar of Industry of the USSR ordered to build a production of ceramic sanitary wares using the facilities of the existing vehicle insulating ceramics factory. The first civilian products were released in 1945. After the war, the company fully committed to the production of ceramic sanitary wares, much needed by the construction industry and the population.
In just a few years, the factory evolved from a small workshop into a powerful industrial complex. A casting shop was built, batch-type kilns were commissioned, service shops started supporting the main production, engineering networks and communications were completely overhauled, and most importantly, the factory was mastering new technologies for production of sanitary wares. In 1960, the production of consumer goods and ceramic tiles was launched.
In the 1990s, the company experienced a major crisis due to political and economic changes in the country. The years 1997-1998 were the hardest in the factory's history. But the factory survived, and the operations continued.
Milestones in the history of the factory:
- • order on the establishment of a factory of vehicle insulators: 21.11.1941;
- • release of the pilot batch of prototype insulators: 06.11.1942;
- • acceptance and commissioning of the factory: December 1942;
- • order on the construction of a production of ceramic sanitary wares using the facilities of the existing vehicle insulating ceramics factory: 1944;
- • commissioning of the main workshop for the production of ceramic sanitary wares: 10.08.1945;
- • commissioning of the casting shop: 1946;
- • launching the production of ceramic tiles: 1951-1960.